Thursday, August 18, 2005

So that lady died. At times like this fellow doctors say supportive things like "No one will blame you for not being able to cure mortality". Which is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that, really, at least slowing down mortality is part of the job description. Hmmmmm...
I was on a day shift and somehow I convinced myself it was a nine hour shift when, in fact, it was only eight hours. So I worked an extra unpaid hour and, because I had some loose ends hanging and dictations to do, I stayed another hour on top of that. So a ten hour shift, but only eight hours on the clock. The nice part of this is I saw 25 pts and that makes my patients per hour (kind of an ER batting average statistic) 3.125. A little over the top. Even if all 10 hours are accounted for it puts me at a yeoman-like 2.5 pph. And that will compensate for my early days on the job when I saw......much, much, fewer.
U-561

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home