Saturday, June 24, 2006

Last night I definitely did not have my A-game. I was mediocre. Lot's of patients with unclear dispos and a sense of flailing about. Fortunately, nobody was too sick and nothing untoward happened.
We had an odd case a few days ago--a kid got a barbeque fork through the elbow. I yanked it out (after suitable pre-amblle and preparation) and billed for foreign body removal.
I also gave a little talk about EM to a group of high school kids. One of those summer camps that caters to the dreams of aspiring professionals and their deep-pocketed parents. I may have overdone it a liittle, but the kids loved it. This year it was pro-bono work, but I think I made a sufficiently strong impression that next year I can make a case for being paid for my services next year.
I've got an animal work coming up--miserable 7 shifts in the next eight days.
U-561

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home