Sunday, June 25, 2006

Today I was better. I felt good and on top of the patients. I still hit the ER Call doc pretty hard but a) they were legit, b) I went out of my way to spare him whenever possible and c) he takes call 4 out of every 7 days--he's going to get a lot of pain in his life. I don't know if he has an alimony or a girlfriend or an ego to pay tribute to, but something is flogging this guy.
Regardless, I had some interesting cases: a knee cellulitis, a pair of interesting overdoses (one recreational, one suicidal) a surprise 8mm renal stone, a respiratory failure. Not too hard. I got put a half hour early and got home to the Biscuit on time.
Prior to me leaving, however, we had a plane crash. Yes--an airplane crash. Really. Local airport, 11 o'clock at night, a little private plane crashed and we got a pair of burns. One was a horrible burn--young girl who is in desperate straits. I was off and the night guy was handling it. Even so, I was around and had to force myself not to interfere with his management. I would have done it differently. It's odd and, also, nice to find myself thinking not, "Thank God he's on....", but "I could be doing this better..." It's good to be confident.
U-561

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home